October 19 at 10:19 AM
This will be an in-place drill. That means that wherever you are at that point in time you can participate as long as conditions permit. Drop, Cover and Hold On.
FEMA app for iPhone has full details under Prepare/Emergency Safety Tips/Earthquake/Before an Earthquake
- Be aware of surroundings where you spend time. Know where you can easily and quickly find something sturdy to get under.
- Practice “Drop, Cover and Hold On” Trying to flee a building is NOT the best option. Do not try to stand in a doorway.
- Secure objects in advance that could fall and cause injuries
- At home anchor your hot water heater to a foundation wall.
- Store critical supplies: water, medications…
- Plan how you will communicate with family members